Infertility Treatment | Best Infertility Specialist in PCMC: Dr. Asmita Dongare
What is infertility?
Infertility means not being able to get pregnant after one year of trying (or six months if a woman is 35 or older). Women who can get pregnant but are unable to stay pregnant may also be infertile.
Pregnancy is the result of a process that has many steps. To get pregnant:
- A woman’s body must release an egg from one of her ovaries (ovulation).
- The egg must go through a fallopian tube toward the uterus (womb).
- A man’s sperm must join with (fertilize) the egg along the way.
- The fertilized egg must attach to the inside of the uterus (implantation).
Infertility can happen if there are problems with any of these steps. Looking for an Infertility Specialist in PCMC? Dr. Asmita Dongare is renowned as an infertility specialist which provides comprehensive infertility treatments in PCMC.
What causes infertility?
Infertility may be caused by a number of different factors, in either the male or female reproductive systems. However, it is sometimes not possible to explain the causes of infertility.
In the female reproductive system, infertility may be caused by:
- Tubal disorders such as blocked fallopian tubes
- Uterine disorders:
- Disorders of the ovaries:
- Disorders of the endocrine system
What are risk factors for infertility in all genders?
These factors increase the risk of infertility in all genders:
- Age (over age 35 for women or over 40 for men).
- Eating disorders, including anorexia nervosa and bulimia.
- Excessive alcohol use.
- Exposure to environmental toxins, such as lead and pesticides.
- Radiation therapy or other cancer treatments.
- Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).
- Substance abuse.
- Weight problems (obesity or underweight).
How is female infertility diagnosed?
Dr. Asmita Dongare may ask you to record signs of ovulation, such as basal body temperature and cervical mucus. You may also use a home ovulation kit. These tests can also help diagnose or rule out a female fertility problem:
- Pelvic exam:
- Blood test:
- Transvaginal ultrasound:
- Saline sonohysterogram (SIS):
- Hysterosalpingogram (HSG):
How is female infertility treated in PCMC?
Dr. Asmita Dongare successfully treated infertility conditions which include:
- Medications: Fertility drugs change hormone levels to stimulate ovulation.
- Surgery: Surgery can open blocked fallopian tubes and remove uterine fibroids and polyps. Surgical treatment of endometriosis doubles a woman’s chances of pregnancy.
How can I prevent infertility?
Men and women can take these steps to protect their fertility, especially while trying to conceive:
- Eat a well-balanced diet and maintain a healthy weight.
- Don’t smoke, misuse drugs, or drink excessively.
- Get treated for STDs.
- Limit exposure to toxins.
- Stay physically active, but don’t overdo exercise.
How to schedule a follow-up appointment?
Dr. Asmita Dongare is one of the best gynecologists in Pune in which she has experience in handling complex cases in Obstetrics and Gynecology. She provides the highest quality services to the mother and child. For more information about our comprehensive treatment options call 9560506620 or Click on Book Appointment for online booking with your near hospital.
FAQ:Is infertility just a woman’s problem?
No, infertility is not always a woman’s problem. Both women and men can have problems that cause infertility.
How does age affect a woman’s ability to have children?